Sitemap in plain text (.txt format)
Listed alphabetically, here's what's available on this missions focused web site.
Click on one of the buttons below or scroll down the listing of titles and subject matter to find
what you're looking for.
Or, go to my search page to find documents
with specific words or phrases.
Syllabus: your course road map
- 10 ways to avoid becoming a missionary
- 10 ways to ruin your mission trip
- 10% Approved Special Giving in the Church of the
- 10/40 Window explanation and map
- 15 key chapters of the Bible
- Academic success strategies plus statement on cheating
- Alabaster: The Nazarene international building fund |
- Alfredo Del Rosso: An Italian captivated by a vision (ebook)
1: Introduction 2: If this
be Pentecostalism 3: Out under the stars
4: The Nazarenes have landed and the situation is
well in hand 5: Superintendent Del Rosso
6: Retirement? Not quite
7: Retirement? Finally
- Alfredo Del Rosso biography
- Amateur radio inspirational thoughts
- Analyzing church statistical graphs
- Apostles' Creed
- Apostles' missionary journeys
- Apple pickers parable
- Articles and books by Howard Culbertson
- Asian is not oriental
- Assimilating new people
- Attendance policy for NBC online course
- Attendance reminder -- "Peanuts" cartoon
- Background and start of Nazarene global outreach
- Balloon animals -- instructions from Pioneer National Latex
(sold at Walmart)
- Beginning Nazarene work in Croatia
- Bible at a glance
- Bible Lit course
- Bible passages on missions: 500-word mini-essays from
- Bible passages: Caring for the poor
- Bible study principles
- Bible bloopers, trivia, and humor
- Biblical demon possession and Haitian loa possession -- a
- Biblical foundations for missions | PDF of
Missions visualized in Scripture |
- Bibliography page -- Why? plus sample entries and
documentation for information and quotations
- Black history month: World mission involvement by Black
- Blog: My sabbatical in South America
- Bouncing back: Suggestions for the deflated
- Bulletin insert for Faith Promise promotion
- Burning question form -- MCS
- BibLit materials (Introduction to Biblical literature course at SNU)
Due dates Exam study
guides Bible memorization
passages Bible reading assignment
- Biblical Perspectives course resources
Course home page
- Bingo - a cultural anthropology game
- Biographies of missionaries
- Biography: Howard Culbertson
- Biographies of Susan Fitkin by Melodie Sides and Stan
- Biography: Wanda Knox
- Biography: Harmon Schmelzenbach
- Bread pledge for missions council leaders
- Bwanda Fusa Challenge game discussion guide
- Canaan: strategic land bridge at eastern end of the Mediterranean
- Casa Robles: Nazarene missionary retirement center
- Case studies -- In-depth looks at complex, multi-faceted issues
faced in real-life contexts
- Case studies: A unique teaching tool |
download at PowerPoint
- Call to missions: How to know if you're called
- Challenge of 21st century -- Nina Gunter
- Checklist for local presidents -- Nazarene Missions International
- Choruses in various languages
- Christian conversion
- Christian Thought course resources
- Christianity versus culture -- positions taken
- Church as missionary
- Church health and growth course resources
- Church planting steps
- Classic scripture passages / historic missions slogans -- handout
- Cliff's Notes on the Bible: The Bible in 50 words
- Commitment -- a martyred African pastor's statement
- Compassionate Ministries giving calendar for December
- Conflict management strategies
- Connection problems: NBC online statement
- Contract between professor and student
- Conversion of Hudson Taylor-- missionary to China in the
- Conversion of the barbarians, 400-800 AD
- Conversion of the Vikings, 800-1200 AD
- Coping with culture shock
- Counseling ministry in the urban core
- Creative access countries -- places with legal and political
barriers to overt Christian missionary work
- Creative teaching activities
- Cross-cultural worship service assignment -- Becoming a
foreigner as a minority of one
- Crossword puzzles
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Cultivating growing, deepening relationships
- Cultural anthropology alphabet
- Cultual Anthropology course resources
- "Dear mission trip participants" -- letter
- Death and dying -- effective ministry suggestions
- Decision-making tower or pyramid
- Deputation -- caring for missionary speakers
- Developing ways to operate Nazarene global missions
outreach – a look back at hisory\
- Devotional writings
- Diamante (or diamond) poem instructions
- Difficult group members
- Discovering Missions book advertisement
- Distinguished Service Award ( DSA ) order form
- Divorce: State by Nazarene international General
- Does Jesus care if we cuss? -- Is swearing okay for
- Does Satan exist?
- Doing Missions Well: Missionary Biographies (Engage
- Enculturation and acculturation: Two ways human beings
acquire culture -- by David Hesselgrave
- Ethics of Change by Charles Kraft
- Ethnocentrism: what's bad about it? How can we get moving
on the path to multi-cultural appreciation and admiration
- Exam study sheets: see "Study guides"
- Exegesis paper in Theology of Missions |
Feedback on exegesis papers
- Exit interviews guidelines and suggestions for talking to people who
have left a church
- Faith Promise giving for missions
- FAQs pages (Frequelty Asked Questions)
- Fish Scale by Jamie Wood
- Frankfurt Declaration of the Fundamental Crisis in Christian
Mission -- authored by Peter Beyerhaus
- Fundraising ideas for short-term mission trips
- Fundraising ideas from Brigada
- Fundraising principles
- General Education courses
- "Getting paid" for the BibLit Bible dictionary report
- Giving that transforms -- PDF of book
- Giving your testimony
- Global Evangelism course materials (NBC online)
- Goals of Nazarene Missions International
- God's Bulgarian tapestry (ebook)
- Good grades: How to get them
- Good news for all people plus an Advent devotional and how to
say Merry Christmas in 99 languages
- Gospel-ready countries
- Grading guide for the integrative project in Perpsectives on the
World Christian Movement
- Sample grading rubric for written assignments
- Gray matrix | Download as PowerPoint
- President Gresham's dream of overseas volunteer service for
new college graduates
- Group members -- unwelcome ones
- Gulliver's Travels, McDonald's restaurants and Cultural
anthropology | PDF file of page
- Haggai: Finding resources for world evangelism |
- Hand: A way to remember how to pray for
- Hand of God at work in current events
- Harvest time in Haiti!
- Heartwarming stories from the SNU campus
- Hidden Bible book names puzzle | 16
hidden Bible book names solution | 30 hidden Bible book
- History of Nazarene Missions International
- Holiness and missions -- classic through-the-Bible
booklet by Susan Fitkin
- Holiness Today articles (formerly known as Herald of
- Home page
- Homilectical reflections
- How entire is entire sanctification?
- How weekly Bible Reading assignments are
- I threw my life away
- Iceberg and concentric circles: Analogies of culture
- Identifying receptive people
- Illustrated Bible Life articles
- Incomplete grade policy at Nazarene Bible College
- Inserts for Sunday bulletins (worship folders)
- Inspirational writings: Nazarene Amateur Radio Fellowship (NARF)
- Inspirational devotional thoughts published in
- Institutions: help or hindrance to church health and growth?
- Introduction to Biblical Literature course
- Introducion to Christian Thought course
- Introduction to Chrdistian Missions course resources
- Istwa Labib: Bible history summary in Haitian Creole
- It happened today in world missions history
- History of Nazarene work in Japan
- Jehovah's Witnesses PowerPoint presentation on history and
- Jehovah's Witness: Questions and answers
page 2 page 3
page 5 page 6
page 8 page 9
- page 10
page 11 page
12 page 13
- Jim Johnson memorial scholarship for world missions
- Jonah, the reluctant missionary (ebook)
- Juggling instructions
- Bible storyline and key chapters
- The Kingdom strikes back: Signs of the Messiah at work:
Foreword 1. The
Kingdom strikes back
- 2. The blind are
seeing 3. The lepers are being cured
4. The crippled are
walking 5. The deaf are
The poor are hearing the Good News 7.
- Knox, Wanda -- biography by Kimberly Jayne
- "Lab" reports for Ministry, Church and Society course PDF of PowerPoint explanation
- Leadership Survey
- Lessons from church health/growth research
- Lessons from Italy
- Letter to Youth in Mission participants
- Life's legacy
- Lightbulb description responses
- Lightbulb: what is it?
- Linguistics course resources
- Examples: Districst and local NMI Internet pages
- Links: Caring for your adopted missionaries
- Listening effectively to boring lectures
- Litany for commissioning or sending short-term mission trip
- Local church research
- McGavran, Donald and the the Church Growth movement |
Download as PowerPpoint
- Medical Plan giving advertisement
- Ministry, Church and Society course requirements |
Download as PowerPpoint
- Measuring compassion advertisement
- Medical Plan giving
- Membership in the Church of the Nazarene
- Memorial Roll certificate order form
- Memory passages for BibLit
- Messianic terminology and definitions: some help in
- Milestones on the way to cross-cultural understanding
- Ministry, Church and Society course resources
- Mission book promotion ideas: The Grinch and the Beverly Hillbillies
- Mission Briefing: Ideas shaping world mission outreach
- Mission Call Coordinator
- Mission to the World -- History of Nazarene Missions
- Chapters 1-2 -- "The Worldwide Mission
of the Church" and "The Development of Nazarene World Mission Administration" from
Mission to the World
- Chapters 3-4 -- "The Executive Secretary of the Department of
World Missions" and "The Director of the World Mission Division" from Mission to the
- Chapters 5-6 -- "The Nazarene World Mission Society" and
"Support Programs of World Mission" from Mission to the World
- Mission trip fund raising ideas
- Missions Bible verses: 500-word reflections
- Missionary biography
- Missionary interview assignment suggestions
- Missionary slogans | PDF of
PowerPoint slides | download as
- Missionary songs -- list of titles for use in missions services
- Missionary songs -- world missions words set to familiar
- Missionary statistics
- World missions in the Bible
- Missions dollars in the Church of the Nazarene -- what they
- Missions history course resources
- Missions history lecture
- Missions timeline: Year-by-year across the centuries
- Missions training exercise: Getting out of your comfort
- Mobilizing local churches for world evangelism
- Modern Missionary Movement course resources
- Mr. Missionary, I Have a Question
Hawaii, hoes and holiness
Creole, Christopher Columbus and the Citadel
Regional Directors, demons and the Dominican
Republic Mangoes, malnutrition and
modernization Rice Christians, churches and
Caravan Missionaries, mail and men
- Monthly NMI emphases (formerly NWMS)
- My Faith Story worksheet
- Nzarene Amateur Radio Fellowship (NARF) devotionals --
illustrations from ham radio
- Nazarene church membership
- Nazarene global expansion -- country by country
- Nazarene missions - brief history
- Nazarene Missions course resources
- Nazarene Theological Educastion around the world
- NBC online course - Global Evangelism
- New pastor welcome gift bag
- New writing workshop notes
- Nine habits of highly effective churches
- Mission Corps
- NMI (Nazarene Missions International)
- NMI publicity advertisement
- Haitian voodoo rara band
- OKC worship centers for various religious traditions
- Online characters I've met
- Online classes: How much time will they take?
- Online learning: Good habits to acquire
- Opportunities for giving to world missions | download as PowerPoint
- Oral reports -- BibLit class
- Our balanced attack -- how Nazarenes finance world evangelism
PDF of book Chapters online:
1. Football and missions giving
2. Budget: A bad word doing good things
3. We called it general, but it's very
specific 4. Peanut butter
and jelly 5. The Nazarene Construction
Company 6. I was hungry and you gave
me something 7. Giving more with less
pain 8. Doubling and tripling our
investments 9. Cleaning out attics and
- Our history: The Church of the Nazarene
- Outreach to the nations: 1600 to present
- Pasta, pizza and Pinocchio
Introduction 1. The
Leaning Tower, the Lira, and Women's Lib 2.
Italian, Illegal Drugs, and Insulated Buildings 3.
Fiats, Florence, and Furloughs 4. The Military,
Missionaries, and the Mafia 5. Marco Polo and
Ronald McDonald 6. The Cerratos, Alabaster
Churches, and Work Crews 7. Communism,
Catholicism, and the Charismatics 8. Sincerity,
Self-support, and Sowing the Seed 9. Books,
Broadcasting, and the Bible College 10.
Culture Shock and Carpeting 11. A Word
from My Heart
- Paul McGrady, Mr. Evangelism
- Payroll deduction giving to Nazarene Compassionate Ministries
(via United Way and Combined Federal Campaign)
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement | Resources for Lesson 8
- Phases of short-term missions experiences
- PowerPoint presentations
- Prayer for the world's children
- Praying for missionaries
- Printed music and words for classic missions songs and hymns
- "A Missionary Cry"
- "A World-Wide Revival"
- "All the world for Jesus"
- "Arm of the Lord, Awake"
- "Called to all nations" -- an NMI quadrennial theme song
- "Come, Labor On!"
- "Eternal God, Whose Power Upholds"
- "Fill Up the Ranks"
- "Fling Out the Banner"
- "For My Sake and the Gospel's"
- "For the Whole Wide World"
- "Go Ye Into All the World"
- "Go, Ye Messengers of God"
- "Hark! The Voice of Jesus Calling"
- "He Was Not Willing"
- "Heralds of Christ"
- "Here Am I, Send Me"
- "Imagine the Harvest""Increase my vision"
- "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go"
- "Jesus Shall Reign"
- "Lift Up Your Heads, Ye Gates of Brass"
- "Lord of the Living Harvest
- "Our God Reigns"
- "O Zion, Haste!"
- "Proclaim Our God of Love"
- "Reach Your Arms Around the World for Jesus"
- "Redeem the Time"
- "Rescue the Perishing"
- "Roll On, Thou Mighty Ocean"
- "Saving and Serving"
- "Savior, Sprinkle Many Nations"
- "Speak, My Lord"
- "Speed Away"
- "Speed the Light"
- "Tell the Blessed Story"
- "The Battle Is the Lord's"
- "The Kingdom is Coming"
- "The Light of the World is Jesus"
- "The Macedonian Cry"
- "The Morning Light is Breaking"
- "The Regions Beyond"
- "The Whole Wide World for Jesus"
- "Thou Whose Almighty Word"
- "Throw Out the Lifeline"
- "The Work Must Go On"
- "We'll Girdle the Globe with Salvation" -- classic lyrics that mean
we'll go all the way around the globe or we'll cover the globe
- "When the whole world lives for Him"
- "Ye Christian Heralds"
- "Your Mission"
- Questions for group presentations -- theology of missions
- Question form -- Christian Thought class
- Raising support for short-term mission trips
- Recipe from Haiti
- Reentry from Bulgaria
- Reentry from Poland
- Reflecting Christ in world missions -- Christlikenes
- Response posts in Moodle
- Responses to a Jehovah's Witness
- Responsive Readings for missions events |
PDF of PowerPoint slides |
- Risorgimento in Italy: The doors open
- Roman Catholic monastic missionary strategy
- Rookie Notebook -- My first nine months as a missionary in Italy
- Ruining a short-term mission trip
- Sample prayer card
- Sample support raising letters
- Sample assignment papers -- actual papers submitted by students
- Traditional religions
- Urban missions -- Directed study
- La vocazione e il ministero personale
- World's Living Religions (also known as World
Take courage! Pran kouraj!
Was Adam's family name Tate?
Ten Commandments for mission trip participants
Thanksgiving: What does the Bible say?
Theology of missions course materials
Theology of missions questions for group presentations
Third culture kids
Three Missionary Profiles -- Readers' theatre script for Lottie
Moon, C.T. Studd and Hudson Taylor and his two wives
Tips for online discussions
Tips for safe travel
Top 5 missions videos
Top Ten ways to fix writing problems
Traditional Religions course materials
Travel checklist for short-term mission trips
Two churches' attitudes toward world missions
Two stories from the persecuted church
The unevangelized: Will they be lost? Answers to an oft-asked
Unreached people group adoption covenant
Unreached people of the day (Joshua Project list)
Used accordions needed in Haiti
Using Theological Education by Extension to teach Biblical
theology in Haiti
Unwelcome group members
Videoss for NBC's Global Evangelism course
Volunteer missions work
Welcome, New Pastors
Wesleyan perspective article
Wesleyan perspective study sheet
What do you see?
What does a holiness minister do?
What we believe and teach: Questions and answers
What Mks wish churches knew
At what age do Americans become Christian ? Pie chart by age
Who's the real Hindu?
Will the real me please stand up?
William Borden: No Reserve. No Retreat. No Regret.
Witnessing scenarios: How would you respond?
Word scramble puzzles
Chapter 13 of Discovering the Bible
Chapters 29 and 30 of Discovering the Bible
Word search puzzles
World Evangelism Broadcast offering
World's population as a village of 100 people
World Week of Prayer publicity
World religions chart
World Religions course resources
Writings by Howard Culbertson