Talking about your Christian faith
If lost people mattered to you the way they matter to God, what would your life look
Your testimony: talking to people about a relationship with God and His offer of
Are you a contagious Christian? Is your faith infectious?
"I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith." Philemon 1:6
This assignment to articulate clearly your personal pilgrimage to and with Christ was for the
course in Ministry, Church and Society course taught at Southern
Nazarene University by Howard Culbertson.
Writing out your testimony will help you be ready to tell your
story about Jesus to anyone who asks.
There are three reasons why personal testimonies impact people.
- People who know you are interested in you and your life.
- Other people can relate to your story.
- They can't argue with the fact that your life has been changed.
Read Acts 26 to hear Paul telling his story.
- Acts 26: 4-11 Before
- Acts 26:12-18 How
- Acts 26:19-23 After
Your answers to the following questions form your salvation testimony.
- Before: your life before you knew Christ
- Before you came to Christ, where were you spiritually? How did that affect
you — your feelings, attitudes, actions, and relationships?
- Before you became a Believer, what were some ways God began drawing you to Christ?
- How: your conversion
- What motivated you to invite Christ into your life as Lord and Savior?
- Specifically, how did you come to Christ, receive His forgiveness and submit to His
- If a church played a part in your conversion, how did you come in contact with that
congregation? Who and what do you remember from your first visits?
- After: your new walk with Christ
- What changed in your life after you accepted Jesus as your Savior?
- Finish this sentence: "My prayer is....
Additional witnessing / soul-winning resources
Is keeping quiet about your faith a crime?|
Question: "What is the greatest crime in the
Answer: "Finding water and keeping silent"
— Arab proverb
-- Howard Culbertson
Getting started talking about spiritual things?
|How do you turn a friendly conversation into a
chance to share Jesus with someone? [ more ]|
Witnessing conversation starter
questions: talking about God's plan of salvation
group members Improving you written
work God's hand at work
Are the unevangelized "heathen" lost?
Answers to an oft-asked question 10/40 Window
explanation and map Seekig God's will?
African martyr's commitment
Mission trip fundraising
Ten ways to ruin mission trips
Ministry, Church and Society course resources