"So, how do I get started talking to someone about Jesus Christ?"
Age of conversion
Faith story work sheet
Writing your testimony
Seeking God's will?
Mission trip fund-raising
Ways to ruin mission trips
Nazarene Missions International resources
Ministry, Church and Society course resources
Spiritual conversation starters
"'Do you understand what you are reading?' Philip asked." -- Acts
Lyle Pointer published a series of "spiritual conversation starters" in a little
brochure. His suggested opening lines for what have been called soul-winning or witnessing
- Do you give much thought to God and spiritual
- Tell me about your most memorable spiritual experience.
- What do you think is a person's greatest spiritual need?
- Tell me about your church background; did you go to
church as a child?
- How do you feel about your upbringing and your awareness of spiritual
- How would you describe your life with God now?
- How do you think a person begins a personal relationship with God?
- When did you feel closest to God?
- What factors or influences brought you nearer to God?
- What would renew that sense of closeness?
- On a scale of 1 to 10 (10 being closest to God), where do you see yourself in relationship
- Where do you want to be?
- How do you see yourself moving closer to God?
- How can I encourage you to get to where you would like to be?
Dr. Pointer gives some words of advice to those wanting to use his conversation starters:
- Ask questions that tie into former conversations.
- Listen closely. Be sensitive.
- Proceed as long as your friend shows interest.
- Affirm any amount of truth or insight offered.
Additional witnessing / soul-winning resources
How should leaders respond when moral issues are at stake?
|What should leaders do when key people in a congregation have unresolved
morality issues? [ read more ]|
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma City, OK 73132
| Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax: 405-491-6658
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
International License. When you use this material, an acknowledgment of the source would