Sitemap in plain text (.txt format)
Listed alphabetically, here's what's available on this missions focused web site.
Click on one of the buttons below or scroll down the listing of titles and subject matter to find
what you're looking for.
Or, go to my search page to find documents
with specific words or phrases.
Syllabus: your course road map
- 10 imperatives for Christian missionaries
- 10 starter questions for missions council or committee
- Ten ways to avoid becoming a missionary
- Ten ways to ruin mission trips
- 10% Approved Special Giving in the Church of the
- 10/40 Window explanation and map
- 15 key chapters of the Bible
- 21st century challenges -- Nina Gunter
- Academic integrity -- SNU statement
- Academic success strategies
- Alabaster building on 10th street
- Alabaster: The Nazarene international building fund
- Alabaster giving suggestions
- Alabaster offering and Elizabeth Vennum
- Alfredo Del Rosso: An Italian captivated by a vision (ebook)
1: Introduction 2: If this
be Pentecostalism 3: Out under the stars
4: The Nazarenes have landed and the situation is
well in hand 5: Superintendent Del Rosso
6: Retirement? Not quite
7: Retirement? Finally
- Amateur radio inspirational thoughts
- Analyzing church growth graphs
- Apostles' Creed
- Apple pickers parable
- Are you ready for Christmas? An Advent devotional
- Articles and books by Howard Culbertson
- Assimilating new people
- Attendance policy for online course (NBC)
- Attendance reminder using a "Peanuts" catroon
- Balloon animals -- instructions from Pioneer National Latex (sold
- Battling racism
- Beginning Nazarene work in Croatia
- Bible at a glance
- Bible Lit course
- Bible passages on missions: 500-word mini-essays from
- Bible passages: Caring for the poor
- Bible study principles
- Bible bloopers and trivia humor
- Biblical demon possession and Haitian loa possession
- Biblical foundations for missions | PDF of
Missions visualized in Scripture | download as
- Biblical literacy slipping
- Biblical passages related to compassionate ministries
- Bibliography page. Why? plus sample entries and documentation for
information and quotations
- Black history month: World mission involvement by Black
- Blog: My sabbatical in South America
- Bouncing back: Some suggestions for the deflated
- Bread of Tears devotional
- Bridge: Cultural Anthropology
- Bulletin insert for Faith Promise promotion
- Burning question form for MCS
- BibLit materials (Introduction to Biblical literature course at SNU)
Due dates Exam study
guides Bible memorization
passages Bible reading assignment
- Bible story line
- Biblical Perspectives course resources
Course home page
Sample hand-drawn map for exam 1
- Bingo - a cultural anthropology game
- Biographies of missionaries
- Biography: Howard Culbertson
- Biography: Susan Fitkin (by Melodie Sides)
- Biography: Susan Fitkin (by Stan Ingersol)
- Biography: Wanda Knox
- Biography: Harmon Schmelzenbach
- Books by Howard Culbertson
- Bread pledge for missions council leaders
- Bwanda Fusa Challenge discussion guide
- "Called to all nations" - an NMI quadrennial theme song: words
- Canaan: strategic land bridge at eastern end of the Mediterranean
- Candy thank-you and motivational gifts for missions council
- Care kit for NMI leaders
- Casa Robles: Nazarene missionary retirement center
- Case studies -- In-depth, multi-faceted looks at complex issues in
- Case studies: A unique teaching tool |
download at PowerPoint
- Call to missions: How to know if you're called
- Call to missions: Ready feet, pure heart diagram
- Call to missions: Susan Fitkin
- Challenge of 21st century - Gunter
- Cheating in school
- Checklist for local Nazarene Missions International
- Are you really feeding that srarving child?
- Choruses in various languages
- Christian conversion
- Christian Thought course resources
- Christianity versus culture -- positions taken
- Church as missionary
- Church health and growth course resources
- Classic scripture passages / historic missions slogans -- handout
- Cliffs Notes on the Bible: The Bible in 50 words
- Come Ye Apart first set of devotional
- Come Ye Apart, second set -- two weeks of
- Come Ye Apart third set -- devotionals about
- Commitment -- a martyred African pastor's statement
- Compassionate Ministries giving calendar for December
- Compassionate ministry philosophy
- Conflict management strategies
- Connection problems: NBC online statement
- Contents of Bible
- Contract between professor and student
- Conversation springboards "Wouldn't you like to have faith in
- Conversion of Hudson Taylor-- missionary to China in the
- Conversion of the barbarians, 400-800 AD
- Conversion of the Vikings, 800-1200 AD
- Coping with culture shock
- Counseling ministry in the urban core
- Count me in, Lord. Sign the pledge
- Creative access countries -- places where there are political
barrier to Christian missionary work
- Creative teaching activities
- Cross-cultural understanding milestones -- the path to
multi-cultural appreciation and admiration
- Cross cultural worship service assignment -- Becoming a
foreigner as a ininority of one
- Crossword puzzles
- Creating PowerPoint presentations
- Cultivating growing, deepening relationships
- Cultural adjustment realities: toilet paper
- Cultural anthropology alphabet
- Cultural anthropology course resources
- Cycle of despair for the poor in less developed nations
- "Dear Youth in Mission participants" - letter
- Dealing with unacceptable behavior by group members
- Death and dying -- effective ministry suggestions
- Decision-making tower or pyramid
- Deputation -- caring for missionary speakers
- Devotional writings
- Devotionals in Christian Thought class -- instructions
- Diamante (or diamond) poem instructions
- Difficult group members
- Discussion guide: Witnessing case study
- Distinguished Service Award ( DSA ) order form
- Divine call
- Divorce: Nazarene statement
- Does Jesus care if we cuss?
- Does Satan exist?
- Doing Missions Well: Missionary Biographies (Engage
- Dozen tips for speaking through an interpreter
- Enculturation and acculturation -- by David Hesselgrave
- Entertainment: making moral choices
- Ethics of Change by Charles Kraft
- Ethnocentrism: what's bad about it?
- Events of the Bible
- Exam study sheets: see "Study guides"
- Exegesis paper in Theology of Missions
- Theology of Missions exegesis papers feedback
- Exit interview guidelines and suggestions
- Faith Promise giving for missions
- FAQs pages (Frequelty Asked Questions)
- Famous or well-known sayings from the Bible
- Fish Scale (Jamie Wood)
- Fitkin, Susan -- biography by M. Sides
- Fitkin, Susan -- biography by Stan Ingersol
- Fitkin, Susan - her divine call
- Five church planting steps
- Food offered to idols: case study
- Fundraising ideas
- Fundraising ideas from Brigada
- Fundraising policy from one local church
- Fundraising principles
- Furlough (or home assignment): What is it?
- General Education courses
- "Getting paid" for the BibLit Bible dictionary report
- Giving to starving children appeals
- Giving your testimony
- Global evangelism course materials (NBC online)
- Goals of Nazarene Missions International
- God's Bulgarian tapestry (ebook)
- God's down payment to us
- Good grades: How to get them
- Gospel-ready countries
- Grading guide for the integrative projiect in Perpsectives on the
World Christian Movement
- Gray matrix | Download as PowerPoint
- Gresham's dream of overseas volunteers
- Group members -- unwelcome ones
- Gulliver's Travels, McDonald's restaurants and Cultural
anthropology | PDF file of page
- Haggai: Finding resources for world evangelism | download as
- Hand: A way to remember how to pray for
- Hand of God at work in current events
- Harvest time in Haiti!
- Heartwarming stories from the SNU campus
- Helpful hints for a positive re-entry experience
- Hidden Bible book names puzzle
- Hidden Bible book names (16) puzzle solution
- Hidden Bible book names (30) puzzle solution
- Hindu temple in Oklahoma City
- History of Nazarene Missions International
- Holiness and missions -- classic through-the-Bible
booklet by Susan Fitkin
- Holiness Today articles (formerly known as Herald of
- Homilectical reflections
- How entire is entire sanctification?
- How the Grinch stole missionary books
- How weekly Bible Reading assignments for BibLit are
- I threw my life away
- "I very much wanted to be a part of those people"
- Iceberg analogy of culture
- Ideal graduate of SNU's missions program
- Identifying receptive people
- Illustrated Bible Life articles
- Incomplete grade policy at Nazarene Bible College
- Inserts for Sunday bulletins (worship folders)
- Inspirational writings: Nazarene Amateur Radio Fellowship (NARF)
- Inspirational devotional thoughts published in
- Institutions: help or hindrance to church health and growth?
- Introduction to Biblical Literature course
- Introduction to Christian Thought course
- Introduction to Missions course resources
- Is giving up something for Lent ultimately a selfish act?
- Istwa Labib: Bible history summary in Haitian Creole
- It happened today in missions history
- Japan: A history of Nazarene work in that country
- Jehovah's Witnesses PowerPoint presentation on history and
- Jehovah's Witness: Questions and answers
page 2 page 3
page 5 page 6
page 8 page 9
- page 10
page 11 page 12
- Jonah, the reluctant missionary (ebook)
- Juggling instructions
- Keeping alive the Schmelzenbach legacy: naming the SNU
School of Theology and Ministry after him
- Key chapters of the Bible
- Key events for writing a one-page summary of the Bible
- The Kingdom strikes back: Signs of the Messiah at work:
Foreword 1. The
Kingdom strikes back
- 2. The blind are
seeing 3. The lepers are being cured
4. The crippled are
5. The deaf are hearing 6.
The poor are hearing the Good News 7.
- Knox, Wanda -- biography by Kimberly Jayne
- Kwast's concentric circles model of culture
- "Lab" reports for Ministry, Church and Society course PDF of PowerPoint explanation
- Languages in which Nazarenes are publishing materials
- Leadership Survey
- Lessons from church growth research
- Lessons from Italy
- Letter to Youth in Mission participants
- Life's legacy
- Lightbulb description responses
- Lightbulb: what is it?
- Lily Liu's baptism -- a case study
- Linguistics course resources
- Links to other sites
- Links: Caring for your adopted missionaries
- Listening effectively to boring lectures
- Litany for commissioning or sending short-term mission trip
- Local church research
- Map and explanation of 10/40 Window
- Map of Nazarene world mission regions
- McGavran, Donald and the the Church Growth movement |
Download as PowerPpoint
- Ministry, Church and Society course requirements |
Download as PowerPpoint
- Medical Plan giving
- Membership in Nazarene church
- Memorial Roll certificate order form
- Memory passages for BibLit
- "Merry Christmas" in many languages
- Messianic terminology and definitions: a case study in
- Milestones on the way to cross-cultural understanding
- Ministry, Church and Society course resources
- Mission Briefing: Ideas that shape world mission outreach
- Mission Call Coordinator
- Mission to the World -- History of Nazarene Missions
- Chapters 1-2 -- "The Worldwide Mission
of the Church" and "The Development of Nazarene World Mission Administration" from
Mission to the World
- Chapters 3-4 -- "The Executive Secretary of the Department of
World Missions" and "The Director of the World Mission Division" from Mission to the
- Chapters 5-6 -- "The Nazarene World Mission Society" and
"Support Programs of World Mission" from Mission to the World
- Mission trip fund raising ideas
- Missions Bible verses: 500-word reflections
- Missionary biography
- Missionary call
- Missionary discouragement
- Missionary heroes photo scrapbook
- Missionary interview assignment suggestions
- Missionary slogans | PDF of
slides | download as
- Missionary songs -- list of titles for use in missions services
- Missionary songs -- world missions words set to familiar
- Missionary songs (page 2) -- missions words set to familiar
- Missionary statistics
- Missionopoly -- Faith Promise theme
- Missions in the Bible
- Missions dollars in the Church of the Nazarene -- what they
- Missions Education resources
- Missions history course resources
- Missions history lecture
- Missions time line
- Missions training exercise: Getting out of your comfort
- Mobilizing local churches for world evangelism
- Model of culture by Lloyd Kwast
- Modern Missionary Movement
- Modern missions: An eschatological sign?
- Monoculturalism and its perils
- Mr. Missionary, I Have a Question
Hawaii, hoes and holiness
Creole, Christopher Columbus and the Citadel
Regional Directors, demons and the Dominican
Republic Mangoes, malnutrition and
modernization Rice Christians, churches and
Caravan Missionaries, mail and men
- Monthly NMI emphases (formerly NWMS)
- Muzquiz (Mexico) Work & Witness trip
- My Bible rules
- My Faith Story work sheet
- Nzarene Amateur Radio Fellowship (NARF) devotionals
illustrations from ham radio
- Nazarene church membership
- Nazarene global expansion
- Nazarene missions - brief history
- Nazarene Missions course resources
- Nazarene Missions International
- NBC online course - Global Evangelism
- Needed: Missionaries with passion
- Neighborhood celebration at a Shinto shrine -- case study
- New pastor welcome gift bag
- News writing workshop notes
- Nine habits of highly effective churches
- Mission Corps
- NMI (Nazarene Missions International)
- Observation of Haitian rara band
- OL module integrative essay
- Old Testament book groupings
- Onions and wives -- a case study
- Online characters I've met
- Online classes time expectations
- Online learning habits
- Opportunitie for giving to world missions | download as PowerPoint
- Oral reports -- BibLit class
- Our balanced attack -- how Nazarenes finance world evangelism
1. Football and missions giving
2. Budget: A bad word doing good things
3. We called it general, but it's very
specific 4. Peanut butter
and jelly 5. The Nazarene Construction
Company 6. I was hungry and you gave
me something 7. Giving more with less
pain 8. Doubling and tripling our
investments 9. Cleaning out attics and
- Our history: The Church of the Nazarene
- Outreach to the nations, 1600 to present
- Pasta, pizza and Pinocchio
Introduction 1. The
Leaning Tower, the Lira, and Women's Lib 2.
Italian, Illegal Drugs, and Insulated Buildings 3.
Fiats, Florence, and Furloughs 4. The Military,
Missionaries, and the Mafia < a href="pasta5.htm">5. Marco Polo and
Ronald McDonald 6. The Cerratos, Alabaster
Churches, and Work Crews 7. Communism,
Catholicism, and the Charismatics 8. Sincerity,
Self-support, and Sowing the Seed 9. Books,
Broadcasting, and the Bible College 10.
Culture Shock and Carpeting 11. A Word from
- Paul McGrady, Mr. Evangelism
- Pastor Under Attack -- a case study
- Payroll deduction giving to Nazarene Compassionate Ministries (via
United Way and Combined Federal Campaign)
- Perils of monoculturalism
- Perspectives on the World Christian Movement
- Phases of short-term missions experiences
- Photo scrapbook of missionary heroes
- Plagiarism statement
- Please quit trying to re-define missionary
- PowerPoint presentations
- Prayer for the world's children
- Prayer card sample
- Praying for missionaries
- Preacher's Magazine articles
- Printed music and words for classic missions songs and hymns
- "A Missionary Cry"
- "A World-Wide Revival"
- "All the world for Jesus"
- "Arm of the Lord, Awake"
- "Come, Labor On!"
- "Eternal God, Whose Power Upholds"
- "Fill Up the Ranks"
- "Fling Out the Banner"
- "For My Sake and the Gospel's"
- "For the Whole Wide World"
- "Go Ye Into All the World"
- "Go, Ye Messengers of God"
- "Hark! The Voice of Jesus Calling"
- He Was Not Willing
- "Heralds of Christ"
- "Here Am I, Send Me"
- "I'll Go Where You Want Me to Go"
- "Jesus Shall Reign"
- Lift Up Your Heads, Ye Gates of Brass
- "Lord of the Living Harvest
- "O Zion, Haste!"
- "Reach Your Arms Around the World for Jesus"
- "Redeem the Time"
- "Rescue the Perishing"
- "Roll On, Thou Mighty Ocean"
- Saving and Serving
- "Savior, Sprinkle Many Nations"
- "Speak, My Lord"
- "Speed Away"
- "Speed the Light"
- "Tell the Blessed Story"
- The Battle Is the Lord's"
- "The Kingdom is Coming"
- "The Light of the World is Jesus"
- "The Macedonian Cry"
- "The Morning Light is Breaking"
- "The Regions Beyond"
- "The Whole Wide World for Jesus"
- "Thou Whose Almighty Word"
- "Throw Out the Lifeline"
- "The Work Must Go On"
- "We'll Girdle the Globe"
- "Ye Christian Heralds"
- "Your Mission"
- Problems and solutions for the phases of cross-cultural short-term
- Questions for group presentations - theology of missions
- Raising support for short-term mission trips
- Reading books ballad
- Recipe from Haiti
- Reentry from Bulgaria
- Reentry from Poland
- Reflecting Christ in world missions -- Christlikenes
- Regional offices: Nazarene world mission strategy
- Responding to God's call to ministry as a vocation
- Response posts in Moodle
- Responses to a Jehovah's Witness
- Responsive Readings for missions events |
PDF of PowerPoint slides |
- Risorgimento in Italy: The doors open
- Roman Catholic monastic missionary strategy
- Rookie Notebook -- My first nine months as a missionary (ebook)
- Ruining a short-term mission trip
- Safety: The first serving of the mission trip pie
- Saint, The - a short story by V. S. Pritchett
- Sample prayer card
- Sample support raising letters
- Student-written story of the Bible in one page
- Sample assignment papers -- actual papers submitted by students
- Sampling of "topic paper" ideas for Mission Strategies
- Scenarios for Theology of Missions class
- Schmelzenbach biography -- pioneer missionary to Africa
- Scripture index: Bible passages used on this site
- Self-examination questions from Wesley
- Sermons on holiness (audio) by Dr. Scott Daniels
- Service project suggestions for Ministry, Church, and Society course
- Shepherd Community, Indianapolis -- an urban ministry center
- Short-term mission trips
- "Silent Night" -- The story behind the beloved Christmas
- Slogans for promoting world evangelism | Slogans on PowerPoint slides
- Slogans that awakened the Church mini-essay seriees from
- Slowing down to smell the flowers
- Society for the Picking of Apples -- a world missions
- Songs in other languages
- Speaking in tongues -- some thoughts about glossalia
- Spiritual conversation starters
- Spiritual priorities survey |
- Starving children appeals -- How to respond to appeals for
- Statistical data on Nazarene pastors -- research by Kenneth
- Statistics: The world in the 21st century
- Story line of the Bible
- Story of the Bible in pictures -- a one-page story of the Bible in
- Strategies of Missions
- Strategy lecture for Global Evangelism course (Part 1)
- Strategy lecture for Global Evangelism course (Part 2)
- Strategy of missions course resources
- Study guides for exams -- What students need to know in order to do
well on tests
- Summary paper instructions - Cultural Anthropology
- Summer ministry miracle - Youth in Mission
- Supplementary Bible crossword puzzles
- Support money
- Susanna Wesley defines sin
- Survivor kit for courses
- Traditional religions
- Urban missions -- Directed study
- La vocazione e il ministero personale
- World's Living Religions (also known as World
Take courage! Pran kouraj!
Tate: was Adam's family name Tate?
TEE in Haiti: an in-depth study of Theological Educaiton by
Ten commandments for mission trip participants
Ten imperatives for Christian missionaries
Ten ways to avoid becoming a missionary
Ten ways to ruin a short-term mission trip
Theology of missions course materials
Theology of missions questions for group presentations
Third culture kids
Three Missionary Profiles -- Readers' theatre script for Lottie
Moon, C.T. Studd and Hudson Taylor and his two wives
THUMB: acronym to remember unreached peoples
Time line events for constructing summary of the Bible
Tips for online discussions
Tips for safe travel
To drink or not to drink - a case study from France
Top 5 missions videos
Top Ten ways to fix writing problems
Traditional Religions course materials
Travel checklist for short-term mission trips
Two churches' attitudes toward missions
Unevangelized: will they be lost? Answers to an oft-asked
Unreached people group adoption
Unreached people of the day (Joshua Project list)
Used accordions needed in Haiti
Using Theological Education by Extension to teach Biblical
theology in Haiti
Unwelcome group members
U.S.'s "fertile soil" for new religious movements - PowerPoint
Values of fundraising deadlines
Verbal and nonverbal communication -- article by David
Videoss for NBC's Global Evangelism course
Welcome to course Weekly reading reports Week 1:
Sermon titles assignment Week 2: Sermon
illustration assignment Week 3: NMI mission
book assignment Week 4: My local church's
involvement Week 6: Face-to-face
mobilization Week 6: Missionary interview
Reflection "All posts read" affirmation
Volunteer missions work
Waiting on the Holy Spirit: 7 devotional thoughts
Welcome, New Pastors
Wesleyan perspectsive article
Wesleyan perspective study sheet
What do you see?
What does a holiness minister do?
What we believe and teach: Questions and answers
What MKs wish churches knew
When Americans become Christian (pie chart by age
When elephants dance
Where others have served -- MCS service project locations
Why Johnny can't read . . . the Bible
Will the real me please stand up?
William Borden: No Reserve. No Retreat. No Regret.
Willingness traits for classroom work groups
Witnessing scenarios: How would you respond?
Word for God: a case study in Bible translaltion
Word scramble puzzles
Word search puzzles
World Evangelism Broadcast offering
World's population as one village of 100
Work & Witness report: Muzquiz, Mexico
World religions chart
World religions course resources
Writings by Howard Culbertson
YYouth in Mission testimonial - summer ministry miracle
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
This work is licensed under a Creative
Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. When you use material on this site, an
acknowledgement of the source would be appreciated.