(Formerly Nazarene World Mission Society)
Boosting missions: The Nazarene Missions International is the local-church-based global mobilization and promotional arm of the Church of the Nazarene. NMI (formerly NWMS) is a grass roots missions committee structure that summons church members to prayer, to giving and to sending.
NMI is a mobilization organization; though it promotes the global vision plan of the Church of the Nazarene, NMI does not administer Nazarene world evangelism efforts.
NMI exists to mobilize the church in mission through prayer, education, giving, and interactive experiences
The mission vision of Nazarene Missions International
To encourage the sending church and the missionary team . . .
- We will view the local church as the primary instrument to carry the Good News to all nations
- We will integrate missions throughout the life and ministry of the local church [ how 2 churches view missions ]
- We will increase opportunities for family involvement and cross-generational mission experiences
- We will provide increased networking, training and accountability of church leaders
- We will encourage diversity in cultures, gender and generations among leaders at all levels
- We will give our financial resources with greater purpose, resolve and sacrifice [ Faith Promise info ]
- We will partner with new church starts, resourcing them in missions
- We will pray with passion in our hearts and purity in our lifestyles
- We will proclaim the ultimate goal of missions: all nations worship Him [ Biblical passages on missions ]
Global Nazarene Missions International website | Prayer Mobilization Line
Low cost motivational and thank you giftsCandy gifts for Nazarene Missions International council members | Survival Kit for NMI leaders | New pastors' gifts - district convention | Conflict on your council?
A rich variety of missions PowerPoint presentations is available. These can be viewed individually on the Internet or downloaded for your use in church services. Check them out!
Work & Witness
|District Nazarene Missions International web pages
Local church NMI web pages
Mission Connection magazine for local NMI leaders
Nazarene missionaries web pages
Children, youth and adult missions education resources on Internet
"What will it take for Nazarene Missions International to be effective in the 21st Century?"
Nina Gunter says we must:
- Re-visit the Biblical basis for our mission
- Reflect deeply on the nature and heart of God
- Re-examine God's purpose for the Church
- Discover God's purpose and will for us as individuals
- Re-evaluate our methods
- Consciously and purposefully involve the next generation
- Determine to be mission-minded and mission-heartedFrom a speech to a missions conference in Ft. Worth in September, 1999
Nina Gunter on "The greatest challenge facing the church"
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Copyright © 1999, 2001 - Last Updated: April 21, 2014 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/nmi.htm