"I don't know what to ask when I interview a missionary!"
Don't know anyone to interview for this assignment? Email me and I'll send
Interview assignment for world missions classes
Need to interview a veteran missionary, but you don't know what to ask? Explore these
- Biographical data: dates and places of missionary service, formal
education, family, other pertinent background.
- What in your childhood prepared you for missionary service?
- How did you receive your missionary call?
- Were family/friends supportive?
- Who or what was most helpful in preparation times (book or person)?
- If the clock could be turned back, what changes (if any) would you want to make in your
own personal preparation for service?
- Misconceptions which had to be overcome
- What do you perceive are your strengths in ministry
- What you see as your weak points in ministry
- What part of missionary work do you enjoy most or find the most rewarding?
- What parts of your cross-cultural service would you like a chance to do differently?
- A humorous incident involving either the target language or culture?
- Most embarrassing or humiliating moment in cross-cultural contact?
- Greatest disappointment or disillusionment?
- Most treasured memory?
- Specific ways life has been richer because of cross-cultural service?
- Favorite scripture passage that relates to experience?
- Your own missionary hero or model?
- Are there specific people in the target culture who have had a significant impact on you? If
so, who and in what ways?
- Advice you would give to people headed for cross-cultural service?
Your report can be written up as:
- A transcript of questions and answers
- A newspaper or magazine article
- Some personal reflections triggered by what was said in the interview
Before handing in your paper, check out the humorous writing
-- Howard Culbertson
Deciding if you have a missions call
|God doesn't send text messages, but
He does call people to cross-cultural missionary service. How can you know if He is calling
you? [ more ]|
Introduction to World Missions resources:
10/40 Window explanation and map nbsp;
Apple pickers parable
How to avoid becoming a missionary
Creative Access areas
Borden: "No regrets"
Missions statistics My
church Hearing God'scall
Sign the pledge How
the world would look as one village
African martyr's commitment Mission trip
fundraising Ten ways to ruin