Are you looking for something in particular?
Site search engine:[ click here ]
Just want to browse?
Your two options:
1. Use the Site Index of all pages: [ click here ]
2. Linear: Follow the navigation arrows to go step by step to every page
|Pages recently added to this site|
[ click here to see list ]
PowerPoint on culture
Southern Nazarene University -- fulfilling the Great Commission
Howard Culbertson, professor of missions and world evangelism
Needed: 40 friends who will give $10 before June 9
We're raising money to make a home handicap accessible for a 9-year-old boy with muscular dystrophy. Please give today -- http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/mddonate.htm
- Feeling you might be called to Christian missionary service?
- 10 ways to avoid becoming a missionary: Ignore Jesus' words . . . [ read more ]
- How can you discover if God is really calling you to global evangelism? Seek the counsel of mature Christians . . . [ read more ]
- Attend a Christian missions conference or go on a missions trip overseas. Check out these possibilities.
- Looking to the Bible for help?
Try these Bible study resources including links to online concordances.
- An appropriate humility Devotional thought for week : [ read article ]
- Want to learn more about Christian missions? [ click here ]
Missionary case studies, internet links, world missions course materials, missionary sending organization, missions music
- Giving of yourself to world evangelism:
Mission opportunities: Short-term missions trips [ learn more ]"Commission Unto Mexico" | Creating your prayer network | Field studies: college credit | Fund raising principles | Fund raising ideas you can use | Re-entry Problems | 10 ways to ruin a missions trip | SNU's overseas volunteer program | World missions conference and seminar events | Work & Witness opportunities | Getting your passport
- Who am I?
Introductory missions book now in second printing
by Charles Gailey and Howard Culbertson
Biblical basis of missions, mission history, short-term missions, the missionary call, culture, globalization of the church and of the missionary force, mobilizing a local church for world missions, and a peek into the future
From the publisher at www.nph.com or from online discount booksellers such as www.amazon.com or www.barnesandnoble.com -- more info
CD of teaching resources: If you use Discovering Missions as a course textbook, email me for a free CD of classroom teaching resources (PowerPoints, case studies, crossword puzzles, exam questions, video suggestions).
- Nazarene Missions International: Ideas and tips [ click here ]
Need to generate missions vision, prayer, finances and missionary recruits for the global harvest in your local church?94 Nazarene languages | Compassionate Ministry | Susan Fitkin biography | Deputation services | Our greatest challenge | NMI Goals | Nazarene missions history | NMI history | Missionary Medical Plan | Monthly emphases | Resources | Missions vision in two churches | 10/40 Window | Christian missions video reviews | Work & Witness
- Jim Johnson memorial world missions scholarships Would you help train future Christian missionaries? [ read more ]
- Wall of Missions - List of all SNU alumni who have gone out as Christian missionaries.
- General Education and Adult Studies courses taught by Howard Culbertson
- What the SNU religion faculty believes and teaches [ read more ]
- Web pages by other SNU professors
A little over two decades ago we came home as evangelical missionaries from Haiti for what we thought would be a one-year furlough. Southern Nazarene University knew that I had just finished a D.Min. in cross-cultural Christian missions from Denver Seminary. So, SNU asked if I would serve as the "Garner Chair of Missions" professor for that year, teaching classes on world evangelism and Christian missions while I also traveled to local churches promoting a global vision. That was in 1988.
I'm still here, teaching missiology or Christian missions, caring for the MK's, and directing world missions outreach projects, including Work and Witness projects. I spent most of the 90s as district Nazarene Missions International (NMI) president for the Nazarene churches of Northwest Oklahoma. My focus has been, and is the global harvest.
This web site has materials and resources from my missions and world evangelism classes as well as from my promotional and mobilization work with the NMI. There are also pages for my General Education classes: Introduction to Biblical Literature, Christian Thought and Ministry, Church and Society.
"Missiology? What does that mean?"
Missiology is the study of cross-cultural, world missionary outreach. It looks at every aspect of missionary work. [ read more ]
NILI Ecuador Impact -- YouTube videoTweet
Share on Facebook
|Want to create a link on your web site to me?|
Click here for help (including graphics)
Contact us: Howard Culbertson, Southern Nazarene University, 6729 NW 39th, Bethany, OK 73008 | Phone: 405-491-6693 - Fax: 491-6658
Copyright © 1999, 2002 - Last Updated: June 4, 2014 | http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/index.htm