Doing Missions Well: Examples from Missionary History
Want more out of
Searching for God's will?
An African martyr's statement on
Mission trip fund
10 ways to ruin a
short-term mission trip
International resource pages
Share on Facebook
A series of brief biographies (500 words each) published in Engage magazine illustrate key concepts from missiology as they shine through the life story of a particular missionary.
Doing missions well
- Mary Slessor and "identification"
- Boniface and power encounters
- Paul Orjala and "indigenization"
- William Carey's wholistic ministry
- Francis of Assisi and ministering incarnationally
- Far-sightedness: Harmon and Lula Schmelzenbach
- Gladys Aylward -- example of humility
- Dedication: Anskar
- Missions mobilization: Susan N. Fitkin
- Empowerment: Steve Saint
- Strategic Action: William Cameron Townsend
- Pioneering: Earl and Gladys Mosteller
List of 500-word reflections on Bible passages about world evangelism
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
© 2002 - Last Updated: January 12, 2015L:
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your
ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the
Article by Howard Culbertson. For more original content like
this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert