10 Participation questions for missions council or committee meetings
Missions council /
Difficult group members
At the beginning of a meeting of your missions council
or committee, use one of the following questions, asking for short responses. This instant
participation by everybody will be helpful in drawing in shy members. Another benefit of the
responses is that they help group members understand a little better what makes each other
- What first awakened your interest in missions?
- When someone says "missionary," whose name comes to your mind first?
- What one word would describe your dream for the ideal missions convention?
- At what age do you first remember anything about missions?
- What is one exciting thing happening in your world?
- If you were offered a free ticket to a mission field of your choice, where would you go?
- What three words described the last missions convention you experienced?
- If you could entertain one missionary or couple in your home who would it be? Why?
- Complete this sentence. "If I had $5000 to contribute to one mission field, it would be . . ."
- Describe a missionary in one word.
Adapted from "Suggestions for roll call" by Evelyn Sutton
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Updated: February 7, 2019
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in
your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert