Daily giving suggestions
On 10th St.
NMI monthly emphases
Searching for God's will?
An African martyr's statement on commitment
Mission trip fund raising
10 ways to ruin mission trips
Nazarene Missions International resources
giving is the overflow of hearts filled with gratitude to God for
the wonderful gift of His Son.|
Alabaster monies (the international building fund of the Church of the Nazarene) [ read more ] fund four projects every week.
How can I help?
- Give to Alabaster offerings. The combined participation by thousands of people in these September and February [ more info ] offerings is doing some awesome things.
- Pray for people who will be touched by your Alabaster offering gift.
- Pray for those who will work or live in the building
- Pray for the people who receive spiritual or medical help there
- Pray for the students receiving an education in that school
- If you don't already have an Alabaster box or container, get one. Put it in a prominent place in your home or work place. If your church does not have boxes or containers available, make your own.
- Teach your children and youth about the Alabaster offering. Encourage them to participate.
- Do not allow your congregation to miss the blessings of Alabaster giving. Even if your church uses Faith Promise to enable people to participate in the various missions offerings, use the months of September and February to remind the congregation of how it is involved in construction projects around the world.
Also, don't forget about those people who are not participating in Faith Promise. They need the opportunity to give to special missions offerings like Alabaster. After all, their need to give far exceeds the church's need to receive.
Believers around the world are praying that God will meet their needs for a building in which to worship, receive medical care or go to school.
We know God hears their prayers. We know that He will answer them. Could it be that He will answer them through you?
"Giving up a want to meet a need"
Elizabeth Vennum's idea to ask people to "give up a want to meet a need" gave birth to the Alabaster offering idea. [ read more ]
SNU missions course materials and syllabiCultural Anthropology Introduction to Missions Linguistics Missions Strategies Modern Missionary Movement (History of Missions) Nazarene Missions Church Growth and Christian Missions Theology of Missions Traditional Religions World Religions
Go to: Top of page | My Home Page | Master List\Index | | SNU Home Page | Scripture index
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax: 405-491-6658
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. When you use this material, an acknowledgement of the source wouild be appreciated.