Bible trivia and jokes
Intro to Bib Lit
Course home page
Bible reading assignments
Canaan's strategic location
Bible in 50 words
15 key Bible chapters
Old Testament book order
Reversing Biblical illiteracy
How to study the Bible
Text of 10 Commandments
Questions answered by OT
Bible story line
An ax and two 38s
Exam study guides
Want more out of life?
Searching for God's will?
martyr's statement on commitment
Mission trip fund raising
ways to ruin mission trips
Nazarene Missions International resource pages
Share on Facebook
Bible trivia jokes: A little humor from an e-mail floating around the Internet
- Question: Who was the greatest financier in the Bible?
- Answer: Noah -- he was floating his stock while everyone else was in liquidation.
- Question: Who was the greatest female financier in the Bible?
- Answer: Pharaoh's daughter -- she went down to the bank of the Nile and drew out a little profit (oops, that should read "prophet").
- Question: What kind of man was Boaz before he got married?
- Answer: Ruth-less.
- Question: Who was the first drug addict in the Bible?
- Answer: Nebuchadnezzar -- he was on grass for seven years.
- Question: What kind of motor vehicles are in the Bible?
- Answer: Yahweh drove Adam and Eve out of the Garden in a Fury.
- David's Triumph was heard throughout the land.
- Honda... because the apostles were all in one Accord.
- 2 Corinthians 4:8 describes a group traveling in a Volkswagen Bug: "We are hard pressed on every side."
- Question: Who was the greatest comedian in the Bible?
- Answer: Samson -- he brought the house down (Judges 16:30).
- Question: Where is the first baseball game in the Bible?
- Answer: In the big inning. Eve stole first, Adam stole second. Cain struck out Abel. The Giants and the Angels were rained out.
- Question: How did Adam and Eve feel when expelled from the Garden of Eden (Genesis 3:23-24)?
- Answer: They were really put out.
- Question: What is one of the first things that Adam and Eve did after they were kicked out?
- Answer: They really raised Cain.
- Question: What excuse did Adam give to his children as to why he no longer lived in Eden?
- Answer: "Your mother ate us out of house and home" (Genesis 3:6).
- Question: The ark was built in 3 stories. The top one had a window to let in light. How did the bottom two stories get light?
- Answer: They used floodlights.
- Question: Who is the greatest baby-sitter mentioned in the Bible?
- Answer: David -- he rocked Goliath to sleep.
- Question: Why was Goliath so surprised when David hit him with a slingshot?
- Answer: The thought had never entered his head before.
- Question: If Goliath would come back to life today, would you like to tell him the joke about David and Goliath?
- Answer: No, he already fell for it once.
- Question: What is the best way to get to Paradise?
- Answer: Turn right and go straight.
- Question: Which of Yahweh's servants was the Bible's most flagrant lawbreaker?
- Answer: Moses, because he broke all 10 commandments at once.
- Question: Which area of the Promised Land was especially wealthy?
- Answer: The area around the Jordan where the banks kept overflowing.
- Question: How do we know that Job went to a chiropractor?
- Answer: Because Job 16:12 says: "All was well with me, but . . . he seized me by the neck"
- Question: Where is the first tennis match mentioned in the Bible?
- Answer: When Joseph served in Pharaoh's court.
- Question: Which Bible character had no parents?
- Answer: Joshua, son of Nun (Joshua 1:1).
- Question: Why didn't Noah go fishing?
- Answer: He only had two worms.
- Question: How do we know that they played cards in the ark?
- Answer: Because Noah sat on the deck
Some serious trivia about the Psalms
- Question: What is the shortest chapter in the Bible?
- Answer: Psalms 117
- Question: What is the longest chapter in the Bible?
- Answer: Psalms 119
- Question: As far as chapter count goes, which chapter is in the center of the Bible?
- Answer: Psalms 118
10 Ways the Bible Would Be Different If Written By College Students
10. Last Supper would have been eaten the next morning -- cold.
9. The Ten Commandments would have been only five; they would have been double-spaced and written in a large font.
8. The Bible would have come out in a new edition every two years in order to limit reselling.
7. The reason the forbidden fruit would have been eaten was because it wasn't cafeteria food.
6. Paul's letter to the Romans would become Paul's e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. The reason Cain would have killed Abel: They were roommates.
4. The place where the end of the world occurs: Finals, not Armageddon.
3. Out go the mules, in come the mountain bikes.
2. Reason why Moses and followers would have wandered in the desert for 40 years: They didn't want to ask directions and look like freshmen.
1. Instead of God creating the world in six days and resting on the seventh, He would have put it off until the night before it was due and then pulled an all-nighter.
What was Adam's last name?
|Was Adam's last name Tate? It may have been. Churches are full of people named Tate. [ read more ]|
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Copyright © 2002 - Last Updated: January 12, 2015 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/trivia.htm
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
Article by Howard Culbertson. For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert