World Evangelism word search puzzle: Contrasting philosophies and approaches
Word puzzle containing key words from chapter 11 of Discovering
Missions by Charles Gailey and Howard Culbertson
Find the hidden words in this grid of jumbled letters. Use the clues below to help you.
Challenge: Can you solve this puzzle even if you do not have the book?
- Karl Gutzlaff was a tentmaker missionary to China whose lack of an
_________________________ system for native evangelists allowed widespread fraud to take
- Those people who have access to the gospel but who have not accepted it or else have
rejected it are sometimes labeled as being in _________________ B.
- In the 1500s a Spanish missionary named Pedro Claver visited the ______________ of every
slave ship arriving in Colombia from Africa to try to minister to incoming slaves.
- George Patterson is a Baptist missionary to Latin America who emphasizes fostering
reproducing chains of churches where there are not only daughter churches, but also
- In the first part of the 20th century, Walter Rauscenbush said there was saving truth in all
religions and that ___________________ ministry was what churches should concentrate on
- In the early 1900s, Samuel Zwemer became known as "the apostle to the
- Henry Venn and Rufus Anderson came up with the "three ______________________"
- That part of the world's population which has never heard the _______________ is
sometimes labeled as World A.
- Missionary David Livingstone died kneeling by his bed at 4 a.m. while on a journey
attempting to map the interior of ___________ for future missionary work.
- Donald McGavran was a missionary to India who got church leaders to embrace aggressive
church planting as a primary missionary _____________________.
- The missiologist who got the church to talking about the 10/40 _________________ was
- It's sometimes been lamented that while Christianity in Africa is a _________________
wide, it is only an _____________ deep.
- The cutting down of a sacred oak tree by Boniface is a good example of a
"_________________ encounter" proclamation of the gospel as contrasted with a
"__________________ encounter" presentation.
- In terms of contrasting philosophies of mission, ________________ is on the other end of
the continuum from "narrow focus."
-- Howard Culbertson
Puzzle made at www.puzzle-maker.com/WS
More Introduction to Missions stuff
|Looking for other materials related to
Introduction to Missions? [ more]|
More word puzzles -- Crossword, word searches and word