In the course "Ministry, Church and Society," a great deal of the textbook material is presented to the class through group presentations. Those groups use a variety of ways to communicate textbook ideas and concepts.
As part of its presentation to the class, one group constructed this crossword puzzle to help the class process some of the ideas in chapters 3-4 of Rodney Clapp's A Peculiar People, a book being used that semester as a textbook.
Clues are given for the words as well as word bank from which to choose words.
2. When it comes to Christian culture and politics, ______ is not the issue.
4. ________Protestantism officially dominated.
5. According to __________, culture was "the best that is known and thought."
6. Aristotle considers the human being to be this type of animal.
7. According to Philip Yancey, former President Clinton will never be one of these.
11. Philip Yancey, writes that Mother Teresa saw things in these terms.
13. During the ________ Revolution, culture was what stood between man and machine.
15. The poet Matthew Arnold explains culture using this type of model as a removed and separate realm.
16. Aristotle's "most powerful insight" is that moral life is based on this.
17. Richard Niebuhr wrote ________ and Culture.
18. Charles Colson holds that this biblical act deals extensively with the evil in one's heart.
19. American and the Church are continual works in ___________.
20. G.K. Chesterton is quoted as saying that America is the nation with the soul of a __________.
1. We live in a fast-paced, transitional period because we live in this type of society.
3. ___________ is an especially hard habit for American evangelicals to break.
8. This is the study of other life forms.
9. Early on, the term __________ referred to all forms of writing.
10. By the mid 18th century, most prominent European philosophies saw _________ as synonymous with civilization.
12. This has a strong power and can find its way into every aspect of life when it becomes a way of life that forms character.
14. As we look at history we assume that some indivisible and spiritual reality outside of time and space make up the ______________.
|Some small groups have problem members that hinder their effectiveness. [ read more ]|
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma City, OK 73132
| Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax: 405-491-6658
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. When you use this material, an acknowledgment of the source would be appreciated.