Chapter 11, Discovering Missions
V H W E H O L I S T I C M G J
S T F M A R L L U W U N Y R D
M U I N C F U A Q P R A S A P
W R N G C L G I R A Q I R N Z
H T C X O E Z C F Q J S T D N
L L H I U S B O S A X W E D O
X R V A N T E S C F V I L A W
L E W L T R M X M R R N I U G
I W O H A A U L B I H D M G W
U O R H B T S P Y C P O H H L
U P L W I E L G S A S W P T E
J O D E L G I F W W D U I E P
U F G U I Y M H E A L M H R S
U Y S E T P S K S R O G F J O
C Q S A Y V S U N C H W G Y G
- Karl Gutzlaff was a tentmaker missionary to China whose lack of an _________________________ system for native evangelists allowed widespread fraud to take place.
- Those people who have access to the gospel but who have not accepted it or else have rejected it are sometimes labeled as being in _________________ B.
- In the 1500s a Spanish missionary named Pedro Claver visited the ______________ of every slave ship arriving in Colombia from Africa to try to minister to incoming slaves.
- George Patterson is a Baptist missionary to Latin America who emphasizes fostering reproducing chains of churches where there are not only daughter churches, but also ____________________________ congregations.
- In the first part of the 20th century, Walter Rauscenbush said there was saving truth in all religions and that ___________________ ministry was what churches should concentrate on doing.
- In the early 1900s, Samuel Zwemer became known as "the apostle to the _______________________."
- Henry Venn and Rufus Anderson came up with the "three ______________________" principles.
- That part of the world's population which has never heard the _______________ is sometimes labeled as World A.
- Missionary David Livingstone died kneeling by his bed at 4 a.m. while on a journey attempting to map the interior of ___________ for future missionary work.
- Donald McGavran was a missionary to India who got church leaders to embrace aggressive church planting as a primary missionary _____________________.
- The missiologist who got the church to talking about the 10/40 _________________ was Luis Bush.
- It's sometimes been lamented that while Christianity in Africa is a _________________ wide, it is only an _____________ deep.
- The cutting down of a sacred oak tree by Boniface is a good example of a "_________________ encounter" proclamation of the gospel as contrasted with a "__________________ encounter" presentation.
- In terms of contrasting philosophies of mission, ________________ is on the other end of the continuum from "narrow focus."
Puzzle made at www.puzzle-maker.com/WS/
More Intro to Missions stuff
|Looking for other materials related to Introduction to Missions? [ read more ]|
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, Southern Nazarene University, 6729 NW 39th, Bethany, OK 73008 | Phone: 405-491-6693 - Fax: 405-491-6658
Copyright © 2002 - Last Updated: March 31, 2011 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/bs13word.htm
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
Article by Howard Culbertson. For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert