1-minute excerpt from "Days of Elijah" by Robin Mark
Other songs with harvest motif
- The Battle Is the Lord's - E. Margaret Clarkson and Meyer Lyon
- "The harvest fields are white: How few the reaping hands appear, their
strength how slight! Yet victory is sure."
- [ printed music and words from 1962 Christian and
Missionary Alliance hymnal ]
- Bringing in the Sheaves - Knowles Shaw and George Minor
- "Sowing in the morning . . . Waiting for the harvest and the time of reaping,
we shall come rejoicing, bringing in the sheaves."
- 1874 [ YouTube ] [
printed music ] [ "Great Hymns of the Faith"
- The Call for Reapers - J.O. Thompson and J.B.O. Clemm (also called "Far and Near")
- "Far and near the fields are teeming with waves of ripened grain. . . Lord of
the harvest, send for reapers!"
- [ printed
[ "Great Hymns of the Faith"
hymnal ] [ "Hymns of Glorious Praise" hymnal" ]
- Come, Labor On! - Jane Borthwick and J. Buchanan MacMillan
- "Who dares stand idle on the harvest plain while all around him waves the
- 1962 (Music), Christian Publications [ printed music and
words from 1962 Christian and Missionary Alliance hymnal ] [ lyrics and audio
- Disciple the Nations - Dan Whittemore
- "The harvest is plenty, the workers are few. With each daily victory, there's
much more to do."
- 1976, Lillenas
- Faithful Men - Twila Paris
- Come and join the reapers . . . Come and share the harvest, Help to light the
- 1985, Straightway Music / Mountain Spring [ YouTube ]
[ sheet music
] [ recorded
on CD: "Perennial: Songs for the Seasons of Life" ] [ downloadable digital ]
- Hark! The Voice of Jesus Calling - Daniel March and Louis von Esch ( also known
as "Hear the Voice of Jesus Calling")
- "Who will go and work today? Fields are white, the harvest waiting. Who
will bear the sheaves away?"
- 1868 [ printed music ] [ Midi audio file and
lyrics ] [ found as "Hear the Voice of Jesus
Calling" in Hymns for the Family of God hymnal ]
- Harvest Bells - William Penn and J.M. Hunt
- "The harvest field is white, and many souls are sinking into eternal night. The
harvest bells are ringing."
- Harvest Time - Paul Rader and Lance Latham
- "The harvest fields are bending with precious ripened grain; More reapers
- Harvest Time - Wanda Smith
- The grain is falling; the Savior's calling. Oh, do not wait! It's growing late.
Behold, the fields are white; it's harvest time."
- 1949, Aim High Music Group / BMG Music Publishing [ printed in "Sing His Praise" hymnal ]
- Here I Am, Send Me - Melody Green-Severeid and Wendell Burton
- "Lord, you said the harvest was great, but Lord, looks like the workers are
It's getting hard to understand how they ignore your great command."
- 1979 and 1987, Birdwing Music / Cross Purpose Music / Ears to Hear [
CD "Keith Green: The Ministry Years, Vol. 1" ] [ downloadable digital ]Isto
- I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go - Mary Brown and Carrie Rounsefell
- "There's surely somewhere a lowly place in earth's harvest fields so wide
where I may labor through life's short day for Jesus the Crucified."
- 1899 [ YouTube ] [
printed music ] [ "Great Hymns of the Faith"
hymnal ] [ "Hymns of Glorious Praise" hymnal" ] [ Midi audio file and
- Labor On - Christopher R. Blackall and W. Howard Doane
- "In the harvest field there is work to do,
For the grain is ripe, and the reapers few"
- [ words and
audio file ]
- Lift Jesus High - Scott Wesley Brown
- "The season of harvest is now. Rise up and take up your plow. Work while
there's still light, night draweth nigh. Enter the nations, lift up your banner high."
- 1995, Integrity's Hosanna! Music [ accompaniment tracks ] [
recording on CD "Mission of
- Lord of the Harvest - Bill O'Brien and Dick Anthony
- "Lord of the harvest, the laborers are so few . . . We go now as we
- 1977, Lillenas [ printed in "Hear the
Call" songbook] [ printed music ]
- Lord of the Living Harvest - John S. B. Monsell and Lowell Mason
- "Lord of the living harvest that whitens o'er the plain . . . Accept these hands
to labor, these hearts to trust and love."
- 1866 [ printed music ]
- Seedtime and Harvest - Bill O'Brien and Dick Anthony
- Seedtime and harvest, fields full of grain. . . Use me, Lord Jesus."
- 1977, Lillenas
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma City, OK 73132
| Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax: 405-491-6658
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
International License. When you use this material, an acknowledgment of the source would