Dealing with unacceptable behavior by group members
Cast of characters
Dividing up the $100
Course survivor kit
Seeking God's will?
African martyr's commitment
Mission trip fund-raising
10 ways to
ruin mission trips
Nazarene Missions International
Discussion questions on the topic of dealing with problem group or committee
members [ more on conflict resolution ]
- Have you worked in groups which had one or more problem people?
- Has your own behavior ever made you an unwelcome group
- What special problems do "unwelcome members" pose for the rest of the group?
- What workable strategies can be used to deal with particular problem types? [ Examples: Busy | Wily | Smugly | Clock |
Slacky | Jokey |
Whiney | Wordy |
Bossy | Tardily |
- How does one light a fire under goof-offs?
- How do you clamp down on horseplay and banter in a group without damaging morale?
- How can a group with one or more problem members get productivity and results without
incurring resentment or damaging relationships?
- How can a group plagued by problem members keep creativity
and innovation alive and flourishing?
- How does one open dialog with a difficult group member?
- How do you discuss someone's problem behavior while minimizing defensive reactions on
What do students look for in their group members?
A study by M.L. Connerley and F.A. Mael, which was published in an issue of
Journal of Management Education, said that the following attributes matter to
prospective team members
- Ability to express written thoughts
- Dependability to show up at meetings
- Ability to work late nights with group
- Sense of responsibility
- Placing importance on grades
Do you have a willing group?
|What traits make for a good group? What positive things need reinforcing? [
read more ]|
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma City, OK 73132
| Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax: 405-491-6658
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
International License. When you use this material, an acknowledgment of the source would