Viewing guides for videos used in the Ministry, Church and Society course at Southern Nazarene University. They are listed here in the order they are used in the class.
- Becoming a Contagious Christian SNU library call number: AV BV 3790 .M57
First 10 minutes of film has Bill Hybels' reflections on how the "lost" parables of Luke 15 show God's heart
- Worldview Boutique SNU library call number: BV 3755 .W6
Reflections on diversity, pluralism, relativism, and the meaning of Christ's words "I am the Way, I am the Truth." [ viewing guide in Adobe Acrobat PDF format ]
- The World God Loves SNU library call number: BV2061 .W67
8 short vignettes of people and religions [ viewing guide in Adobe Acrobat PDF format ]
- The God Next Door A look a how Muslims and Christians misunderstand each other and why Christians are reluctant to reach out to Muslims. The video explores what Christians can do to befriend their Muslim neighbors.
- The phone's for you SNU library call number: BV625.25 .P5
A unique church planting project using the telephone. Don't, however, focus on the telemarketing aspect. Reflect on the dynamics that created this community of faith. [ viewing guide in Adobe Acrobat PDF format ]
- Common Table: Faith of Islam SNU library call number: AV BP 170.3 .F3
A round-table discussion attempts to provide an accurate view of Muslims, a religious group that is sometimes misrepresented by the mass media. It includes footage of pilgrimages to Mecca and the ritual of "stoning the devil." A Muslim religious leader explains the basic tenets of Islam while a Roman Catholic Maryknoll missionary who lived and worked among Muslims, comments on the Islamic faith. [ viewing guide in Adobe Acrobat PDF format ]
- The World of Unreached Peoples: The World of Islam" SNU library call number: BV 2625 .W67 1996
This 10-minute video produced by Youth With a Mission looks at the world's second largest religion, Islam. It describes how to pray for Muslims. [ viewing guide ]
- Welcome to the Church of the Nazarene
Though designed for prospective members, this video helps us see why people choose a church.
- Multicultural strategy reports SNU library call number: BV2595 .C6 N31
A look at how the church in the U.S. is reaching groups like Native Americans, Haitians, Japanese and the Hearing Impaired [ viewing guide in Adobe Acrobat PDF format ]
- The sun never sets in the morning
Life story of Rev. Phineas F. Bresee [ viewing guide ]
- Ee-taow SNU library call number: BV3680 .N5 E37
See the impact which hearing the Gospel makes on an entire community [ viewing guide ]
- Finding God's will SNU library call number: BJ1188.L5
Dr. James Dobson of Focus on the Family speaks on life's priorities and doing God's will [ viewing guide in Adobe Acrobat PDF format ]
- Living in the community SNU library call number: BV 4501.2 .I2 v.4
Social activist Tony Campolo speaks about ministry in a message that is part of a series titled "I have decided to live like a believer"
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Copyright © 2000, 2001 - Last Updated: January 11, 2015 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/mcsvid.htm
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
Article by Howard Culbertson. For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert