Viewing guide in PDF format
After you view the film, turn in written responses to the questions.
Date and time viewed:
Viewed: ____ Alone ____ With other people
- The indigenous people of the Indian subcontinent are known as:
- The _____________________ are the books of knowledge that represent the basis for Hinduism.
- ___________________ is the creator of the universe in Hindu thought.
Match the terms with their definitions:
- righteous behavior, including the observance of religious and social laws
- the pursuit of economic and political rewards
- reunification with the world spirit
- the pursuit of love, including pleasure and the bodily appetites
- A persons' caste is determined by one's conduct in a previous life. This is called ______________________.
- The Indian religious teacher-is known as a ___________________________
- The deity who represents the principle of preservation is:
- ____________________________ is sometimes portrayed as Nataraja, the Lord of the Dance.
- The "black mother" manifestation of the goddess Parvati who destroys her husband is:
- Ganesa, the patron of literature, bestower and bringer of good fortune, is remarkable because he has the head of a(n) _____________________________.
- The sacred river of the Hindus is the:
- The stone steps that lead down to the sacred river are known as:
- The various incarnations of Vishnu are called:
- The monkey king who helped Rama rescue his kidnapped wife was:
- Krishna is famous for his love of:
- The religious reverence for all life is called _______________________________.
- Prince Siddhartha is the founder of:
This study guide may be duplicated for educational purposes only by purchasers of the video.
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Copyright © 2000, 2001 - Last Updated: January 8, 2015 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/hindutra.htm