Leading a devotional time in class
Here is an optional assignment for students in Christian Thought
There are lots of churches where the Sunday morning attendance
is no larger than our class. Leading our class in our devotional time will prepare you to be a
leader in your church.
- Prepare adequately. Don't throw something together at the last minute. If it appears you
have done that, your grade will be adversely affected.
- The devotional should be 3-5 minutes long and closely related to the topic and
textbook readings listed on the syllabus for that day. Note: It often takes longer to prepare
a good, short devotional than it does a longer one.
- Creativity in this devotional time is encouraged. It should include prayer. If you choose to call on someone else to pray, please ask them
ahead of time.
- You may choose to have the devotional substitute for some of the written textbook reactions.
Check the syllabus for details.
- On the date those textbook reactions are due, turn in a sheet with the notation that your
devotional is counting for those reading(s).
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma City, OK 73132
| Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax: 405-491-6658
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
International License. When you use this material, an acknowledgment of the source would