Case studies like this one can develop your critical thinking and decision-making skills.
Use these questions to process by yourself or in a group "Walking Away, the case study in which seminary student Dereck tries to evangelize his supervisor at his part-time job.
- What positive things happened?
- What negative things happened?
- Have you been there? In either of these positions?
- Did Dereck miss some important cues?
- Are there any signs in Roger of an openness to the gospel?
- Assume you are Dereck's friend. What would you advise him to do now?
- Assume you are Roger. Why did you walk away at the end without responding? What are you thinking now?
- Suppose you are Dereck and that you could turn the clock back, what would you do differently?
- Would you suggest a different way for Dereck to open the conversation in the restaurant?
|How are you doing spiritually? Ask the hard questions. [ read more ]|
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Copyright © 2000, 2001 - Last Updated: January 16, 2015 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/dereckg.htm
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
Article by Howard Culbertson. For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert