Want to motivate your missions council or committee? Give
them candy gifts.
Candy rewards for mission council members -- contributed by Bev
Borbe and Susan Day
- Vice president - "Working with you is a joy!" (Almond Joy candy bar)
- Secretary - "I have a symphony of praise for you" (Symphony candy bar)
- Treasurer - "You're worth a 100 grand and more" (100 Grand bar)
- Prayer/Fasting - "Your prayers are a lifesaver to unreached
- Alabaster secretary - "You are a treasure to world evangelism"
- Membership secretary - "Let's stick together" (Pack or stick of gum)
- LINKS1 secretary - "For all the hugs and kisses your work sends around the
world" (either Hershey's Hugs or Kisses)
- Global awareness secretary - "You're a smart cookie! Thanks for your help" (A large cookie,
or bag of cookies)
- World Evangelism Broadcast secretary - "MARS - One of the few
places World Evangelism Broadcast isn't! Thanks for all you do to send WEB everywhere!"
- Compassionate Ministries coordinator - "Appreciation
for the mounds of love you encourage around the world" (Mounds bar)
- Work & Witness coordinator2 - "You are a
big hunk of help to missions" (Big Hunk bar)
- Two candy bars for everyone!
- 3 Musketeers Bar - "Thanks for being part of the team!" (Romans 12:5-8: "All for one
and one for all")
- Hershey's or Nestles Miniatures - "There's nothing miniature about your love for
Bev Borbe says: "Use individually as listed. Or, use a
quantity of any one candy for all the council members. Give as thanks for a job well done. Give
as holiday or birthday gifts. Give as an end-of-the year award, or simply to say thanks for
coming to a council meeting.
"Every little bit of appreciation you give will create an
abundance of good will and hard work. Don't neglect rewards. The author of The Greatest
Management Principle in the World is right when he says: 'Behavior that gets
rewarded gets repeated.'"
1Program in which local churches "adopt" a Nazarene missionary
family. The acronym stands for Loving and Interested Nazarenes Knowing and Serving. [ more info ]
2Short term mission teams (most often to meet construction needs) [ more info
SNU missions course materials and syllabi
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Updated: February 9, 2019