"So that all nations might believe and obey him." -- Romans 16:26
Hints for effective missions mobilization in local churches
- Team up with other people. You alone will not change the direction of a church.
- Do your praying for world evangelism in small groups, individually and as a family. [ more on prayer ]
- Practice what you preach. Make sure that people can look at your life and say, "He/she is sold out for God's global missionary purpose." [ more on passion ]
- Choose a few close friends and "disciple" them as missions mobilizers. This often will be more effective than trying to mobilize the entire church by yourself.
- Don't put "programs" before "changed hearts." It is only when our hearts are fully in tune with God that we can fully embrace what it is that He is embracing. [ Jonah's story ]
Missions goals for local churches: Purposes for missionary programs
- Prayer support
- Intentional involvement of children and youth
- Minimum of 10% of local church income going to World Evangelism
- Ongoing programs of missions education and mobilization
Mobilizing: The strategic choice
Ralph D. Winter has been quoted as saying that you can go, send or mobilize, but if you have a choice, then choose mobilization because it's a strategic contribution to missions if you can mobilize ten people to go in place of you as one.
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Copyright © 2000, 2001, 2001 - Last Updated: January 22, 2015 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/team.htm
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert