Tempted to cheat on some schoolwork?
"Words use us as much as we use words"
Linguistics is team taught at Southern Nazarene University by Howard Culbertson and Carolyn Waterman from the English department. It can be taken for credit as an English course or as a missions course since the whole area of communication is a branch of Cultural Anthropology.
Linguistics is offered at SNU about every two years.
- Language - God's gift
- Video viewing guide: "Language and communication"
- Language learning alphabet PowerPoint slide show [ view online ] [ download as PowerPoint ]
- "Merry Christmas" in more than 80 languages [ click here ]
- Everytongue.com: Putting a recording of every language online [ go to site ]
- Languages in which the Church of the Nazarene publishes literature [ see list ]
- SIL (Wycliffe) Linguistics Resources
- The disappearing languages of Asia
- Translation apps for phones
- Psychologists Show How Accent Shape Our Perception of a Person
- Foreign language school resources
- Semantics: Can colorless green ideas sleep furiously?
- Online translation
- Language and translation tools
- Free text translation: http://www.tolingo.com/pages/free/text_translation.php
- Free website translation: http://www.tolingo.com/pages/free/website_translation.php
- English as a Second Language
- Ethnologue: A database of information about 6,500 languages
- The Human Languages Page: A comprehensive catalog of language-related Internet resources
- The Word Detective
- Electric Editors Home Page
- Yahoo Search Engine listing of useful linguistics links
- The psychology of linguistics and body language
- Bible translation
- Human language gene
- National Geographic: Language gene discovery [ read article ]
- Language learning
- Linguistics humor
How to cite internet sources in your papers
|Most courses at SNU contain a writing component.|
I expect students to produce written work that is focused, well developed, organized and relatively free of grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors.
Papers falling short of this standard will not be graded. That work will be returned to the students for further revision and resubmission.
See my writing checklist.
Howard Culbertson, Southern Nazarene University, 6729 NW 39th, Bethany, OK 73008 | Phone: 405-491-6693 - Fax: 405-491-6658
Copyright © 2002 - Last Updated: November 5, 2012 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/linguist.htm
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
Article by Howard Culbertson. For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert