"Help me overcome my unbelief!" -- Mark 9:24
Leading a friend to faith in Christ
Dr. Brint Montgomery, professor of philosophy at Southern Nazarene University, starts witnessing conversations with the question: "Wouldn't you like to have faith in something?" He then tries to lead a conversation through five steps:
- Admit to yourself that it is at least possible there is a God.
- Isn't daily life often an unsatisfactory affair?
- Ask yourself: "What would a meaningful life look like?"
- Commit yourself to becoming a new person.
- Evaluate whether the Church has something to offer [ more info ].
Howard Culbertson, 5901 NW 81st, Oklahoma
City, OK 73132 | Phone: 405-740-4149 - Fax:
Copyright © 2002 - Last Updated: January 11, 2015 | URL: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert/like.htm
You have permission to reprint what you just read. Use it in your ezine, at your web site or in your newsletter. Please include the following footer:
Article by Howard Culbertson. For more original content like this, visit: http://home.snu.edu/~hculbert